Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For the Face: Philosophy Purity


So at a beauty event that I went with my girl Chelsea, (who is one of the very best of friends that i'm blessed to have) we were given a "Swag Bag". Now when I say swag bag it really mean stuff she paid for because the event cost a ridiculous amount of money. Inside the bag however was a 4 oz bottle of Purity Made Simple by Philosophy. Now I've been using this cleanser for about 4 weeks now and I don't see anything that is Particularly amazing about this product. It does what says it does as far as cleansing the face and getting rid of the excess dirt and makeup and is very gentle which is a definite Pro but it does not get all of the liner and mascara off at the end of the washing and has to be used several times. Now this cleanser retails for around 10 dollars for a 3oz which is pretty expensive if you ask me. The directions are as follows

-At the end of each day or at the beginning of each morning, use a small amount of product (with a little water), massage onto skin for 30-60 seconds.

What I did:

Start with a Dirty Face. ;)


Lather it up baby! (30-60 seconds)


And dry it off!

As you can see if you look closely there is mascara residue, so it doesn't completely get off all of the product. Another thing to keep in mind is that today was my hardly-any-make-up-day and so it might take a little more work if you choose to try it out. Another thing that I have noticed about the product it that it is particularly drying as i felt a tightening in my cheeks and chin. I might recommend this to someone who has a slightly more oily skin. As for me, I have a combination dry to oily skin.

Any thoughts or comments about Purity? Let me know.

All You Need is Love,
-Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment