Friday, November 19, 2010

For the Photo: Greasing it Up Rocka Baby!

Meet Amanda T., a pretty cool girl with a fierce attitude. Today I went on a photo-shoot with my soon to be Hubby and I did the makeup. This is just the behind the scenes photo from my not so professional Canon.

What I did:

To start off I primed the face with a silicone based primer. Then I used a foundation with a Mac 109 brushes and buffed it into the skin to get a even coverage. Next I applied Laura Mercier's secret concealer in #3 medium and then set the concealer with Bobbi Brown's sheer finish loose powder. For the eyes I applied Urban Decay's Primer Potion original and went all over with Mac's Vanilla eyeshadow as a colored based. Using Urban Decay's perversion eyeshadow I used a Sigma pencil brush to define a crease and used the Mac 217 to buff out any harsh edges. Next I took a the color gunmetal from Urban decay and patted it over the high point of the eyelid and blended it into the crease color. Picking up the vanilla once more i used it to highlight the inner corners and the brow bone. Then I took the wheat color (there is no name as far as I could tell) from the Smashbox shutter speed trio and once more went over the top of the inner corner. Next i toke the Urban Decay eyeshadow in sellout and went over the brow bone with an angled brush by Sigma.
My models eyes was small so I lined her water line with a white pencil and used Mac's black track fluid finely lining her lids. Next I took a cherry color lip liner by Clinque and Mac's Russian Red for her lips and finished off with a clear gloss. For her cheeks I used Mark's cheeky creme blush and a stippling brush by Sigma and brushed over it a reddish loose powder blush. I also used High Beam and Hoola Bronzer both by Benefit.

Let me know what you think in the comment's. Also I will post the professional photo's when the Hubbster is finished editing.

All You Need is Love,
-Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment