Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For the Face: VMA 2010 Hayley Williams Look

I don't know about you but i loved the fresh faced orange look that they put on Hayley at the 2010 VMA preformance. Not only did she in my opinion rock the stage but I think that this fair natural look made her look Glowy-Dewy and Rosy. I have much darker brows and lashes (no red hair sorry) but pretty much everything in this look can replicated. Here's what I did:

List of Products:
[Eyes]
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Mac Paint Pot in Coral Crepe
Mark's eyeshadow in Blondi Beach
Mac eyeshadow in Vanilla
Nyx's Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Benefit Bad Gal mascara in Brown
[Face]
Coola Mineral Tinted Moisturizer
Mac Mineralize skinfinish(Medium)
Stila's highlighter in Rose Gold
Mark's Sun Love Glo blush
[Lips]
Healthy Lip Polish in Monica


I started off with UDPP all over the lid. I then applied Coral Crepe with a Mac 217 brush from the outer part of the lid all the way up and past the crease making sure not to go past the iris. Next i patted Paradisco all over Coral crepe with a Sigma 239 brush*. In the inner corner i used a 227 type brush (brush and fluffy shader brush from CVS) and applied Blondi Beach and blended into the paradisco eyeshadow. Next I used a pencil brush and lined the lower lashline with Blondi Beach. Next smeared Nyx's jumbo pencil in milk on the back of my hand used the smear product to line the lash line with angular liner brush. I did this to avoid excess amount of product on my lash line because my eyes are particularly sensitive.
Because Hayley has such fair complected skin and lashes the make up artist from what i can tell did not use a mascara so i tried to light up my black lashes with benefit's Bad Gal Mascara. For the skin I used a tinted moisturizer with my finger tips to get a very light coverage and finished of with Mineralize Skinfinish to set. Using Stila's highlighter I applied it to my cupids bow and the tops of my cheeks and down my nose. Remember if you have larger pores this may not be a good idea as the product will only emphasize the size of the pores. Using an angled blush I took Mark's Sun Love Glo and brushed it from the hairline down to the apples of the cheeks. For the lips I simply topped it off with Buxon's Lip polish in Monica(A Golden Peach).

I love this inspired look because it is very day time. This look could be very Summer or Fall because of the golden and oranges.

What do you think?
All You Need is Love
-Drea

No comments:

Post a Comment